Edward II

A forum to discuss the reign of Edward II and 14th century history

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

WhAt KiNd of MuSic would EdwaRd II would have liked?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AndreaFaery

Number of posts : 9
Location : San Jose Costa Rica! First Costarican EdwardII FAN!
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: WhAt KiNd of MuSic would EdwaRd II would have liked?   Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:13 am

Look Iīm quite young so please just donīt criticize and just play along with me And wander about a most intriguing and enigmatic subject:.........WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC WOULD EDWARD II HAVE LIKED?! (have someone kidnapped him and brought him through a time machine to different eras, or some other crazy way)
Would he have liked Mozart,Bach,Tchaikovsky all of those great masters of music?( I guess he would, being an eductaed and cultured man )
BUT! What about music more close to our time? Frank Sinatra? Aretha Franklin?Oh! Edith Piaf! Iīm sure he would , I mean she sings in his native tongue french, and he can dedicate them to Piers!. But lets move to even more recent music. The Beatles? Sonny and Cher?, or Kiss (I donīt thinkso), or Michael Jackson?
What about Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears? would he have liked POP?. Maybe a little HIPHOP like Missy Elliot? Amy Winehouse perhaps he likes JAZZ AND BLUES? mm Bjork? Neil Diamond? Barry Manilow (and become a FANILOW), Iron Maiden, Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, Celine Dion, James Browne, Prince, The Pussycat Dolls?
Just let your imagination fly and think about this and what would you think would have been the reaction of a medieval prince to hear our music with all its arranged vocals and sounds? Do say!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alianore
Admin

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: WhAt KiNd of MuSic would EdwaRd II would have liked?   Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:30 pm

Don't worry, Andrea - no-one will criticise you here - it's a friendly community! And it's an excellent question! I will be back later, when I've given it some thought. Wink

"Sans lui n'estoit rien fait, et par lui estoit tous fait, et le creoit li rois plus que tout le monde." Without him nothing is done and through him everything is done, and the king trusts him more than any other: Hugh Despenser the Younger and Edward II
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://edwardthesecond.com/
Anejre

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: WhAt KiNd of MuSic would EdwaRd II would have liked?   Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:42 pm

anything sung by Piers:) Especially 'Can't take my eyes off of you' lol! Seriously, I've no idea - maybe folk music?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anejre

PostSubject: Re: WhAt KiNd of MuSic would EdwaRd II would have liked?   Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:15 pm

Piers would probably like Amy Winehouse's 'I told you, I was trouble' jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady D

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: WhAt KiNd of MuSic would EdwaRd II would have liked?   Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:25 pm

Hi Andrea!

Anerje - ROFLMAO!!!!! I've trying to imagine our dear king dressed as a gangsta - but no, I can see he'd fit well into the folk scene with his beard and long hair!

Or maybe something by the Bee Gees. Oh no - now I'm getting images of him disco dancing!!! I think I need to go and lie down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://despenser.blogspot.com
AndreaFaery

PostSubject: Re: WhAt KiNd of MuSic would EdwaRd II would have liked?   Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:00 am

Iīm glad that you have apreciated the humor, though I did wonder what he would have liked...I really do...
But just a comment : I think the music of his time is SO beautiful, I mean if I could go and live in his time (which I really wish regardless of the stench, smells and sickness of the time) I would be completely happy I think that music is so melancholic, happy, emotive and romantic at the same time! And I just love the idea of hiring a minstrel to write and perform a song just for you! Way better! And the dances too are amazing[/img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anejre

PostSubject: Re: WhAt KiNd of MuSic would EdwaRd II would have liked?   Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:58 pm

Hi Andreafaery! It was a thought-provoking post, even if we did exercise our humour. For some reason, I imagine Ed would like folk music, or maybe some modern ballards? I reckon he'd like to listen to some acoustic guitar ballards. Can't see him as a rock or pop fan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AndreaFaery

PostSubject: Re: WhAt KiNd of MuSic would EdwaRd II would have liked?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:55 am

I read in several articles that he was really a music fan, that he loved to have musicians always aroudn him and had a private musical "celebration" for teh first aniversary of Piers Gavestonīs death, thatīs what made me start wondering what kind of music he would have like and also I think Itīs strange that he never even played an instrument, I guess he either just like listening, or it was considered scandalous to a noble to play an instrument (although in the reinassance that was a very eduacted hobby to have), but he loved to dance, that i have read enough. But just makes me think that these remarks about a medieval king jkust make him seem more real, I guess that is anotehr reason why i love Edw II!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alianore
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WhAt KiNd of MuSic would EdwaRd II would have liked?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:30 pm

Hey, Andrea! Have you seen my second to latest blog post? There's quite a bit about minstrels and other performers whom Edward watched.

I guess that is anotehr reason why i love Edw II! YAY!!!! :-)

"Sans lui n'estoit rien fait, et par lui estoit tous fait, et le creoit li rois plus que tout le monde." Without him nothing is done and through him everything is done, and the king trusts him more than any other: Hugh Despenser the Younger and Edward II
Back to top Go down
AndreaFaery

PostSubject: Re: WhAt KiNd of MuSic would EdwaRd II would have liked?   Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:39 am

where is your post of this blog? i do wish to read it . Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alianore
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WhAt KiNd of MuSic would EdwaRd II would have liked?   Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:35 am

Andrea, it's here:

http://edwardthesecond.blogspot.com/2009/01/edward-ii-and-minstrels.html

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WhAt KiNd of MuSic would EdwaRd II would have liked?   

Back to top Go down

WhAt KiNd of MuSic would EdwaRd II would have liked?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1